We have represented corporations accused of violations of unfair business practice and unfair competition laws in industries including consumer products, medical care, securities and aerospace. We defend our clients in class actions and other civil litigation, represent them in related government investigations and conduct internal investigations for them. In some of our more notable representations, we have:
- Defended the producer of a line of nutritional supplements in a nationwide consumer class action;
- Defended retailers in a high profile tobacco personal injury/products liability lawsuit, obtaining summary judgment on a matter of first impression regarding the California False Advertising Law;
- Defended a major regional medical group against claims of unfair competition;
- Defended our client in a securities arbitration against claims of alleged unlawful computer access and unfair competition; and
- Defended an aerospace contractor, and conducted its related internal investigation, in the penalty phase of a criminal antitrust prosecution.